Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
dew

Default Heading Styles

Whenever I modify a heading style, say for instance, Heading 2, it modifies
Heading 1. Why does it do that and How do I get it to stop? I have Heading
1 set exactly the way I want it and then it gets all messed up when I modify
Heading 2. Particularly the number alignment, I'm trying to get them all
aligned properly. So I align Heading 2 to be aligned with the text of
Heading 1 (not the outline number of heading 1), then heading 1 moves over,
so it's still not aligned.

What gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy

You're probably not creating the numbered styles correctly, which is very
common. See:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"dew" wrote in message
Whenever I modify a heading style, say for instance, Heading 2, it
modifies Heading 1. Why does it do that and How do I get it to stop? I
have Heading 1 set exactly the way I want it and then it gets all messed
up when I modify Heading 2. Particularly the number alignment, I'm trying
to get them all aligned properly. So I align Heading 2 to be aligned with
the text of Heading 1 (not the outline number of heading 1), then heading
1 moves over, so it's still not aligned.

What gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

See: How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. (For
bullets see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html, the
subject is related.)

This is based on ...

Word's Numbering Explained
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...gExplained.htm

Additional information you may find useful or need is at:

How to Create a Template, Part II
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

--
Charles Kenyon