Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Snoopy Snoopy is offline

Default ADD A WATERMARK TO A TEXT BOX

Any suggestions as to how to add a watermark to existing text boxes will be
appreciated.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: ADD A WATERMARK TO A TEXT BOX

Adding a Watermark to a Text Box in Microsoft Word
  1. Select the text box that you want to add a watermark to by clicking on the border of the text box.
  2. Go to the "Format" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Shape Fill" dropdown menu and select "No Fill".
  4. Click on the "Shape Outline" dropdown menu and select "No Outline".
  5. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  6. Click on the "WordArt" dropdown menu and select the style of WordArt that you want to use for your watermark.
  7. Type the text that you want to use for your watermark in the WordArt box that appears.
  8. Format the WordArt to your liking using the options in the "Format" tab.
  9. Position the WordArt over the text box by clicking and dragging the WordArt box.
  10. Right-click on the WordArt box and select "Send to Back" "Send Behind Text".

And that's it! Your text box now has a professional-looking watermark.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

What, exactly, are you trying to do? I know it may seem clear to you, but it
isn't to me. Which version of Word are you using?

Watermarks are simply graphics inserted in a header or footer. You can also
put graphics in a text box.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Snoopy" wrote in message
Any suggestions as to how to add a watermark to existing text boxes will
be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Snoopy Snoopy is offline

Sorry about that. Word 2002. My problem occurs when it becomes necessary to
add a watermark (or some background text or picture) to text boxes in a word
document that's finished or in process. When I try to add the watermark, it
goes to the document instead of the text box, even though I have the text box
highlighted. I read that the watermark info is contained in the header/footer
but inserting it after the fact isn't working for me. The correct steps
involved would certainly be helpful. Regards.

"Snoopy" wrote in message
Any suggestions as to how to add a watermark to existing text boxes will
be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The Watermark feature in Word does *not* apply to Text Boxes. It can only be
used to insert a watermark in the Header/Footer of the doc & will appear on
each page unless other specs are made using Sections.

However, that having been said, here are a few ideas for what you seem to be
trying to accomplish (although quite honestly I'm still not certain exactly
what that is or what "isn't working" for you):

Option 1- If you use the FormatPrinted Watermark feature to get the image
into a doc (even a new blank one will serve the purpose) you can then go to
ViewHeader and Footer, select & cut the image, then go back into the main
document text 'layer' and paste the image into a Text Box. Or you can insert
an image directly into a text box & then use the Format Picture dialog or
Picture toolbar to change the picture's Brightness & Contrast. The Text Box
can still contain text, *BUT* you cannot have Text Wrapping applied to an
image in a Text Box. Even if you change the wrapping before getting it in
there the wrapping will be reset to InLine with Text - IOW, the image is
handled as a 'character' in a text line & the text itself won't overprint
the graphic. However,

Option 2- So, if you want the text in the Text Box to overprint the image,
insert it as above but into the doc - not into the Text Box itself - and set
the Text Wrapping to Behind Text. Set the Text Box Fill & line to NONE (or
whatever you want) & stack the Text Box on top of the picture. Then select
both the picture & the Text Box, apply the Group command from the Draw
button of the Drawing Toolbar.

Option Best - Do this sort of thing in a page layout program. They are much
better suited for handling graphic effects.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

news

"Snoopy" wrote in message
Any suggestions as to how to add a watermark to existing text boxes
will
be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Snacks Snacks is offline

I am using Word XP. I can insert a watermark using Format / Background etc
but I cannot find a way to place a watermark on one page only of a multi-page
document. I have tried using Section Breaks and also tried placing in
Headers as was the Word 97 method. Does anyone know how to do this?

Babs

"CyberTaz" wrote:

[...]

news

"Snoopy" wrote in message
Any suggestions as to how to add a watermark to existing text boxes
will
be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You need to make that one page a section all by itself and then only have
watermarks in that section. If you use Format Background Watermark to
create it that will add it to all sections but you can delete it from the
headers of all but your one-page section. If that is way too much effort (if
you have many sections) then you can just manually add your own graphic to
the single section.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

[...]