Pop

Default Word HTML filters

Hi,
XP Pro, SP2/fix, Office 2002, SP3, 2.6GHz, 512 Ram, 80gig+80gig
(non RAID), no virus, no spyware/malware, all up to date.

The MS web site has an HTML filter to remove the Word-specific
stuff from web pages it creates. I just downloaded and installed
it, but nothing changed.
According to the site, there should be an "Export To" option
added to the File menu. The file menu (actually all menues) are
unchanged.

I already had the SaveAs HTML(filtered) option listed, but did
the download because it seemed to claim to remove more than the
filter I already had.

Is there a diffeerence between the missing "Export To" option and
the Save As HTML(filtered) option?

Also, I do not see anything that looks like the new HTML filter
in the Add/Remove listing: Should it show there?

Is there any way to get Word 2k2 to write code like win97 did?
I'd really like to take Word97 off this machine.

Any advice/assistance greatly appreciated.
TIA,

Pop
---
I may or may not know what I'm saying, but if I
have nothing to say, that's what I say!

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Pop,

The MS web site has an HTML filter to remove the Word-specific
stuff from web pages it creates. I just downloaded and installed
it, but nothing changed.
According to the site, there should be an "Export To" option
added to the File menu. The file menu (actually all menues) are
unchanged.

To which folder did you copy/install the tool? I think you have to
put it in the Startup folder for Word in order to see any menu
entries.

I may misremember, though. There was a chapter John McGhie wrote for
our Word book (German market) that discussed how to use the tool
with more recent versions of Word, and it does work. It's just not
integrated as closely with the Word application window.

Let's see, here's what we say, more or less: MSFilter.exe was
designed to work with Word 2000, and will only install if Office
2000 is present on the machine(!); that may explain why you aren't
seeing anything - it may not have installed.

You don't HAVE to install it, however. You can copy MSFilter.exe to
whereever you want to have it, then create a shortcut to it in the
Start/Programs list. MSFilter.dot, the addin template, you should
put in the Startup folder (as I mentioned, above), or you need to
load it explicitly via Tools/Templates and Addins, when you want to
use it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Pop

Hmm, those sound like possibilities. I'll check more into that., and =
I'll go back and see if I missed something in the Install instructs.

Thanks.

Pop

Cindy M -WordMVP- wrote:
Hi Pop,
[...]