akihega

Default Right to left table direction

I have a square table with 4 cells. How do I get the text to go from top
right to top left, then bottom right to bottom left. I'm trying to get some
postcards to work with mail merge, so I can't use text boxes. HELP!
TF

Have you tried mailmerging to one of the standard postcard labels?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"akihega" wrote in message
:I have a square table with 4 cells. How do I get the text to go from top
: right to top left, then bottom right to bottom left. I'm trying to get
some
: postcards to work with mail merge, so I can't use text boxes. HELP!

akihega

What I'm trying to do, is set up a 4 postcards on a page that i can mailmerge
addresses on the front (I can do this part) - the problem comes when I try to
set up the back of the same 4 postcards with a mailmerge name. The back
always prints "backwards" - it needs to merge from right to left on the back,
but it always merges from left to right. This makes the names on the back
different than the addresses already printed on the front.
Can this be done?

"akihega" wrote in message
:I have a square table with 4 cells. How do I get the text to go from top
: right to top left, then bottom right to bottom left. I'm trying to get
some
: postcards to work with mail merge, so I can't use text boxes. HELP!

TF

Ah! Now I see what you mean. You want to duplex but need to flip the reverse
cells to align with the front cells in a MailMerge. That's a tricky one. I
cannot think of a way that Word will do it.

Terry

"akihega" wrote in message
: What I'm trying to do, is set up a 4 postcards on a page that i can
mailmerge
: addresses on the front (I can do this part) - the problem comes when I try
: set up the back of the same 4 postcards with a mailmerge name. The back
: always prints "backwards" - it needs to merge from right to left on the
back,
: but it always merges from left to right. This makes the names on the back
: different than the addresses already printed on the front.
: Can this be done?
:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: Have you tried mailmerging to one of the standard postcard labels?
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "akihega" wrote in message
: ...
: :I have a square table with 4 cells. How do I get the text to go from
top
: : right to top left, then bottom right to bottom left. I'm trying to get
: some
: : postcards to work with mail merge, so I can't use text boxes. HELP!
:
:
:

akihega

YES! That's what I want to do ... it's kind of hard to explain ... right now,
I'm cutting my letter-sized card stock in half and printing it with just two
cards per page ... one on top of the other ... this works, but my printer
won't duplex with this size of paper, so I'm having to do them one at a time
to make sure they come out right. But if word won't do it, then I will try to
get the printer to do more ...
Thanks!

: "TF" wrote:
:
: Have you tried mailmerging to one of the standard postcard labels?
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "akihega" wrote in message
: ...
: :I have a square table with 4 cells. How do I get the text to go from
top
: : right to top left, then bottom right to bottom left. I'm trying to get
: some
: : postcards to work with mail merge, so I can't use text boxes. HELP!
:
:
:

TF

Well the only way I can think of doing this would be to mailmerge into a
document, save it and then run a macro that swaps the top cells and bottom
cells on every alternative page. I would ask this in the Word.VBA.General
newsgroup.

Terry

"akihega" wrote in message
: YES! That's what I want to do ... it's kind of hard to explain ... right
now,
: I'm cutting my letter-sized card stock in half and printing it with just
two
: cards per page ... one on top of the other ... this works, but my printer
: won't duplex with this size of paper, so I'm having to do them one at a
time
: to make sure they come out right. But if word won't do it, then I will try
: get the printer to do more ...
: Thanks!
:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: Ah! Now I see what you mean. You want to duplex but need to flip the
reverse
: cells to align with the front cells in a MailMerge. That's a tricky one.
: cannot think of a way that Word will do it.
:
: Terry
:
: "akihega" wrote in message
: ...
: : What I'm trying to do, is set up a 4 postcards on a page that i can
: mailmerge
: : addresses on the front (I can do this part) - the problem comes when I
try
: : set up the back of the same 4 postcards with a mailmerge name. The
back
: : always prints "backwards" - it needs to merge from right to left on
the
: back,
: : but it always merges from left to right. This makes the names on the
back
: : different than the addresses already printed on the front.
: : Can this be done?
: :
: : "TF" wrote:
: :
: : Have you tried mailmerging to one of the standard postcard labels?
: :
: : --
: : Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: : http://word.mvps.org/