Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Mary is offline

Default "Fill-in-the-Blank" Document Question

I typed up a "fill in the blank" document that is saved in Word on a shared
drive (see below). My colleagues will copy and paste this document into an
email, fill in the blanks, and send the email to people in our department.
In Word, I have the Font Style set as Bold and the Font Size set as 18. Is
there a way to save the document in Word, so when people start typing in the
email (after they've copied and pasted), the Font Style is set as Not Bold
and the Font Size is set as 14? When I copy and paste the document into an
email now and start typing, it's Bold and 18. It doesn't look good with all
that bold and the same font size. I want some contrast. In Word, I tried
clicking next to the colon, changing the size to 14, clicking to un-bold, and
then saving, but it doesn't save.
Am I explaining my problem clearly?

My fill-in-the-blank document:

Subject:
Vendor Name (if applicable):
Website URL (if applicable):
Contact Name & Contact Phone Number/Email Address (if applicable):
Description of your Tip:

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Mary is offline

I'm not a very savvy Word user, basically just documents. Is it easy to make
a table?

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

Have you tried using tables?

--
Rae Drysdale

Subject:
Vendor Name (if applicable):
Website URL (if applicable):
Contact Name & Contact Phone Number/Email Address (if applicable):
Description of your Tip:

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Very easy. Table menu, Insert Table and for what you have described, 2
columns. You don't need to worry about the number of rows as you just press
the tab key to move from cell to cell. Pressing tab in the last cell will
create another row the same as the one above. If you highlight a cell you can
drag to resize the cells in that row. Just position the cursor at the edge of
the cell and it will turn to a two headed arrow. You can also resize rows in
a similar way. You can format the table cells with font, size and style as
you wish. Post back if you need more help.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Mary" wrote:

I'm not a very savvy Word user, basically just documents. Is it easy to make
a table?

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

Have you tried using tables?

--
Rae Drysdale

Subject:
Vendor Name (if applicable):
Website URL (if applicable):
Contact Name & Contact Phone Number/Email Address (if applicable):
Description of your Tip:

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Mary is offline

I've playing around with Tables. I'm having trouble with a couple of things:
1) I want the text to wrap around the boundaries of the column, NOT extend
the column to oblivion, I went to Table - Table Properties - Text Wrapping
- Around. I thought this would cause the text to wrap.
2) When I cut and paste the table into an email, the dimensions are skewed
and it doesn't look like it did in Word.
I was told to come up with something that could be coped and pasted into an
email. Otherwise, I'd have people attach a doc to the email.

"Mary" wrote:

I'm not a very savvy Word user, basically just documents. Is it easy to make
a table?

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

Have you tried using tables?

--
Rae Drysdale

Subject:
Vendor Name (if applicable):
Website URL (if applicable):
Contact Name & Contact Phone Number/Email Address (if applicable):
Description of your Tip:

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Mary, if you go to Table | Table Properties and the Cell tab you can click on
wrap text. This should wrap text in the column. Secondly, why not email from
within Word? You can do this on the file menu Send to ... as an attachment.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Mary" wrote:

I'm not a very savvy Word user, basically just documents. Is it easy to make
a table?

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

Have you tried using tables?

--
Rae Drysdale

Subject:
Vendor Name (if applicable):
Website URL (if applicable):
Contact Name & Contact Phone Number/Email Address (if applicable):
Description of your Tip:

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mary

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Mary is offline

Rae, I want to thank you for your very helpful directions. I now have a
table that is ready to distribute. Happy New Year! Mary

"Mary" wrote:

I'm not a very savvy Word user, basically just documents. Is it easy to make
a table?

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

Have you tried using tables?

--
Rae Drysdale

Subject:

Features godmongo Microsoft Word Help 20 July 22nd 06 07:37 AM
Document Template question Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell Microsoft Word Help 4 May 1st 06 12:53 PM
Document Template question Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell New Users 4 May 1st 06 12:53 PM
Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 39 April 19th 06 06:35 PM
Problems using document map kempofighter Microsoft Word Help 4 January 19th 06 04:33 PM