Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lechaud lechaud is offline

Default Send to: Mail recipient

There was a thread that ended in the summer of '05, without an obvious
resolution: In Word2003 the "Send to Mail Recipient" option is greyed-out
(worked fine in Word2000 until upgrade last week). Eudora is installed,
properly specified in Internet options, and the [Mail] section is present in
WIN.INI, but there is still no SendToMailRecipient option on the File menu.
How can we insist that Word2003 (on XP, if that matters) use Eudora?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lechaud lechaud is offline

Yes, Eudora does qualify as a MAPI-compliant email program. Just to be sure,
I checked the Eudora tech support knowledgebase, and found a document with
what appeared to be relevant information about MAPI; see
http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1897hq.html

Following those instructions to make Eudora a MAPI server, and again
verifying that WIN.INI contains the following section,

[Mail]
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMC=1
MAPI=1
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
KEYWORDS: EPWIN

I rebooted the system, but, alas, still find the Send To Mail Recipient item
is greyed out on Word2003's File menu. That's one dose of "insisting," and
I'm ready to deliver another.

lechaud wrote:
There was a thread that ended in the summer of '05, without an obvious
resolution: In Word2003 the "Send to Mail Recipient" option is greyed-out
(worked fine in Word2000 until upgrade last week). Eudora is installed,
properly specified in Internet options, and the [Mail] section is present in
WIN.INI, but there is still no SendToMailRecipient option on the File menu.
How can we insist that Word2003 (on XP, if that matters) use Eudora?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lechaud lechaud is offline

I am very grateful to "garfield-n-odie [MVP]" for solving this problem. The
REGEDIT technique proposeed in the reference knowledgebase article (ID
834008) did the trick, now allowing me, and the 25 other users I support, to
send email from Word2003 through Eudora. I had searched the KB more than once
without success. Many thanks.

lechaud wrote:

There was a thread that ended in the summer of '05, without an obvious
resolution: In Word2003 the "Send to Mail Recipient" option is greyed-out
(worked fine in Word2000 until upgrade last week). Eudora is installed,
properly specified in Internet options, and the [Mail] section is present in
WIN.INI, but there is still no SendToMailRecipient option on the File menu.
How can we insist that Word2003 (on XP, if that matters) use Eudora?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Adell Adell is offline

Hi,

I have followed this thread complete however, when I try to email from word
2003 I can only get outlook to open. I am trying to use Eudora where my
email address book is located. What did I miss?