Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NY Law Firm Trainer NY Law Firm Trainer is offline

Default Guidelines for Use of TC Codes

I was recently asked to troubleshoot a document in relation to TC codes. The
TC codes in the existing document look like this:

{ TC "Text to Display in the TOC" \f C\1 "3" }

However when I use InsertFieldTC to insert new TC fields, the code in the
fields is:

{ TC "Text to Display in the TOC" \1 3 }

Which is much simpler and enable the same result, the text in the "" to
appear at teh correct level in the TOC. The "f" in my first example does come
in when I check the option "TC entry in doc with multiple tables," but never
the "C" nor the double quotes around the TOC level (i.e. 3). What purpose do
the "C" and the double quotes serve? Are they from an older version of Word,
or perhaps Word Perfect?

Thanks!