Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cdelune cdelune is offline

Default How do I remove a line formed by hitting asterisks?

I don't seem to be able to find a way to remove a line formed by hitting
several asterisks and then the "Enter" key. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon Jones [MSDL] Simon Jones [MSDL] is offline

It is definitely paragraph border - 3pt square dots.

Simon Jones

"cdelune" wrote:

Actually, it isn't a border. I have borders turned off (and double-checked
to see if you were right).

So . . . I'm still searching for the right answer!

"BoniM" wrote:

They are borders. To remove them, choose Format, borders and shading from
the menu bar in office 2003 or before, and change the border style to none.
In Office 2007, make the same choice from the borders button in the paragraph
group of the home gallery.
To turn it off so it doesn't do it anymore at all, you can change the
AutoFormat as you type options to turn off automatically applying borders.

"cdelune" wrote:

I don't seem to be able to find a way to remove a line formed by hitting
several asterisks and then the "Enter" key. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For cause, cure, and prevention, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

"cdelune" wrote in message
I don't seem to be able to find a way to remove a line formed by hitting
several asterisks and then the "Enter" key. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm.
Note especially that the border is applied to the paragraph _before_
the one where you pressed Enter.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman