carolpm

Default Using Word 2000 Send To Mail Recipient with Outlook 2000

Please see correspondence below this message.
When I use the subject programs I cannot get to the Address Book in Outlook
2000 which is my default email program. I have over 500 Contacts / Address
Book email addresses. I type a document in Word 2000 click on File / Send To/
Mail Recipient and it calls up Outlook 2000 ans when I call up the Address
Book does not show any of email addresses. I did finally do the procedure as
IanRoy gave me below:

Found additional info, if you don't see "Contacts" in the dropdown I
mentioned: Open your contacts folder. Then File Folder Properties for
"Contacts" Outlook Address Book. Check "Show this folder as an e-mail
address book."

But when I get to the Show this folder as an email it is already there with
a check mark and it is grayed out and you can't change it.

There has got to be some simple explanation why we can't get to the Outlook
Address Book - PLEASE someone HELP !!

Thank you,
Paul

IanRoy,

It was a longer half time show so I went to try what you suggested.

I am using Oulook 2000 - I can't find any of the items you are mentioning.

I click on File, but I don't see Folder and thenI can't go any further.

Are you using Outlook 2003 ?

Please let me know.

Thaank you,
Paul

"IanRoy" wrote:

Found additional info, if you don't see "Contacts" in the dropdown I
mentioned: Open your contacts folder. Then File Folder Properties for
"Contacts" Outlook Address Book. Check "Show this folder as an e-mail
address book."

"IanRoy" wrote:

It doesn't appear to be. Have you tried "Show Names from the: Contacts"
instead of "Show Names from the: Outlook Address Book" at the upper right of
the "Select Names" dialog?

"carolpm" wrote:

...Does it mean you can build a Contact List in Outlook
and this really isn't also the Address Book ?

Please someone help.
Thank you,.
Paul

Expand AllCollapse All
DDM

See if this doesn't work for you (assuming you're on an Exchange server):

First, in Outlook, add "Outlook Address Book" as an information service.
Here's how:
In Outlook, Tools (menu) Services Add Outlook Address Book OK
OK.
Restart Outlook

Then designate your Contacts folder as an Outlook Address Book. So:
Open your Contacts folder.
File (menu) Folder Properties for "Contacts" Outlook Address Book
Check "Show this folder as an e-mail address book" OK.

Your Contacts folder should then be available in Word.
--
DDM
"DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks"