salim

Default hidden style

Word2003, window2000
i noticed that there are styles in my documents when i
select them from the style and formatting box are not
highlited in the documents

Robert M. Franz

Hi salim

salim wrote:
Word2003, window2000
i noticed that there are styles in my documents when i
select them from the style and formatting box are not
highlited in the documents

I guess you mean there's a style showing in your taskpane which is not
used in the document. There's nothing strange with that: There are a lot
of styles present in each document in Word. If you look at the bottom of
the task pane, there's a dropdown window where you can define which
styles you want displayed.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Robert M. Franz

Hi Salim

Salim wrote:
the style i talked about is from " formatting in use"

So you say something that is there and has an active option to highlight
all instances in the text shows nothing when you select that option?

That would be peculiar; I'd guess that maybe something is highlighted
but you can't see it (only a single character, or something very small,
or something in white/hidden)?

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Klaus Linke

Beth Melton and I ran into something like this a while ago:

It was a table with merged cells, and the styles that were used before merging
the cells were still visible in the "styles and formatting" pane, although they
weren't visible in the document any more.
And when you split the cell, one of the cells would aquire the style again.

Regards,
Klaus

"Robert M. Franz" wrote:
Hi Salim