Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Default Line Space setting Word 2007

The default line spacing is 1.5 with 10pt space at the end - I know how to
re-set that per document, but how do I make the default different? (I want
line spacing to be 1 with 0 pt at end) - I can't seem to see a setting
anywhere in options....

Thamks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Gordon" wrote in message
The default line spacing is 1.5 with 10pt space at the end - I know how to
re-set that per document, but how do I make the default different? (I want
line spacing to be 1 with 0 pt at end) - I can't seem to see a setting
anywhere in options....

Thamks

OK I've found it - interestingly, typing in "Change default Line Spacing"
brings up "changing normal.dotm" RIGHT at the END of the search listings!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Glad you found it. Just in case someone else saw your question and is
waiting for the answer:

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (Styles task pane--or, click the launcher in the
Styles section of the Home tab).

2. Click the Manage Styles dialog at the bottom of the Styles task pane.

3. In Manage Styles, click the Set Defaults tab. Make your changes.

4. At the bottom, click New documents based on this template.

5. Click OK.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Gordon" wrote in message
The default line spacing is 1.5 with 10pt space at the end - I know how
to re-set that per document, but how do I make the default different? (I
want line spacing to be 1 with 0 pt at end) - I can't seem to see a
setting anywhere in options....

Thamks

OK I've found it - interestingly, typing in "Change default Line Spacing"
brings up "changing normal.dotm" RIGHT at the END of the search
listings!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
Glad you found it. Just in case someone else saw your question and is
waiting for the answer:

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (Styles task pane--or, click the launcher in the
Styles section of the Home tab).

2. Click the Manage Styles dialog at the bottom of the Styles task pane.

3. In Manage Styles, click the Set Defaults tab. Make your changes.

4. At the bottom, click New documents based on this template.

5. Click OK.

That's interesting: I did it via editing Normal.dotm.....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I thought that might have been the case. In editing normal, the change might
not trickle to other styles where you want it to (depending on how you made
the change). By changing the default via the Manage Styles dialog, the
change is more pervasive.