Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doctor Evil Doctor Evil is offline

Default All I want to do is set fonts and line spacing in my default docs

Why did Microsoft design Word 2007 to be so difficult? Tasks that were
intuitive in 2003 are now all but impossible for the casual user to locate in
2007. This is NOT progress! When I bought the new version, I did not expect
that I would be subjected to such an enormous learning curve. Evidently the
developers have lost sight of their marketplace and are only talking to each
other now. I'll bet the calls for help on this issue have increased by a
magnitude of at least 5, but if all you employ in Technical Support is
low-wage Indians, I guess that's a manageable cost.

Open Source is looking more attractive every day.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Thanks for sharing Since those here aren't MS employees I'm sure few will
be quaking from your threat or offended by your bigotry... Other than those
who happen to be of Indian extraction or whatever other ethnicities you deem
inferior. Perhaps you'd get more sympathy if you vent your spleen in the
appropriate forum - such as youtube or myspace.

OTOH, if you have a legitimate question or issue to have addressed perhaps
someone would be willing to give you a hand. If you think back, I'm sure
your first exposure to Word didn't seem to be all that "intuitive" either,
but you've become used to it over the years & learned to work with it if not
like it. Given half a chance perhaps 2007 may seem "intuitive" in a while.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/28/07 12:26 PM, in article