Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cynthia Cynthia is offline

Default margin guidelines

How do I hide margin guidelines in Word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Click on Office Button | Word Options | Advanced. Scroll down to the
"Show document content" section, and uncheck the "Show text boundaries" box.

Cynthia wrote:

How do I hide margin guidelines in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cynthia Cynthia is offline

Thanks. Calling a margin a "text boundary" is not familiar to me -- and
guess what, keying in that phrase in Word Help doesn't bring up anything.

Cynthia wrote:

How do I hide margin guidelines in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Hi Cynthia

I'm not surprised that Help didn't spring to your help. I never seem to have
much luck with it either. There's a good reason to call it Text Boundary
because if you look at a document, it is more than just the page boundaries
that are shown. If you insert a table, create columns, insert an object,
insert a Text Box or Frame, use Headers or Footers, a boundary line is
displayed for those too.

Terry

Cynthia wrote:

How do I hide margin guidelines in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Those lines have been called "text boundaries" in at least the last six
versions of Word. It is sometimes more difficult to find stuff in Word
Help in the 2003 and 2007 versions as compared to the 2002 and earlier
versions, even when you know what you're looking for.

Cynthia wrote:

How do I hide margin guidelines in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Cynthia,

As Terry pointed out the MS search engines sometimes need help to be helpful g.

If you're searching in Word 2007 'Help on this computer' then
Text boundaries
will find the advance setting topic, but
Text boundary
does not get you there

If you search on Google for
'turn on margin guidelines in Microsoft Word
you'll already be taken back to a copy of this discussion with Garfield-n-Odie's reply on text boundaries g

=========
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SuegUK SuegUK is offline

Cynthia wrote:

How do I hide margin guidelines in Word 2007?

And this answer helped me UNhide the guidelines - ie I have at last found my much loved 'show text boundaries'. Thank you!