Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lin

Default Converting Word 2000 Files to Word 2003

Hi -

I work for a large company with global offices. I created about 11 technical
manuals in Word 2000 with lots of graphics and complicated formatting. They
range in length from well over 400 pages to about 100 pages, in size, they
are all below 10 mg.

My company is slowly but surely moving to Word 2003, pretty much one user at
a time, but its starting to affect me. Whenever someone sends me a file
created in 2003 and I try to edit it using 2000, the file corrupts. This is
also why I have not updated myself to 2003, as my manual files corrupt
horribly in 2003 and would take many hours to recreate.

Is there a secret to converting older versions of Word to 2003? I can't
spend any money to have it done by an outside vendor, but I really need to
upgrade without spending weeks to fix my manuals.