Peter

Default Changing Comment Author

Hello guys:

I have received a file with some comments. Is it possible to change the
initials of the author?
E.g.: [AL1] to [Sales1] ... [AL2] to [Sales2]... etc.
Yes, I know what I have to do to change it before inserting comments, but
now I have a doc that already contains comments and I do not want to re-type
all comments... Is there a way to "find and replace?"

Thanks,

Peter

Anne Troy

Hi, Peter. Try this:
Open the doc. Go to View--Toolbars, Visual Basic. Hit the last button at
the right of that toolbar. Do a find/replace for the old author's name/new
author's name. Save and close.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Peter" wrote in message
Hello guys:

I have received a file with some comments. Is it possible to change the
initials of the author?
E.g.: [AL1] to [Sales1] ... [AL2] to [Sales2]... etc.
Yes, I know what I have to do to change it before inserting comments, but
now I have a doc that already contains comments and I do not want to

re-type
all comments... Is there a way to "find and replace?"

Thanks,

Peter

Peter

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:9610f$42b99199$466eb880$14313@allthenewsgroup s.com...
Hi, Peter. Try this:
Open the doc. Go to View--Toolbars, Visual Basic. Hit the last button at
the right of that toolbar. Do a find/replace for the old author's name/new
author's name. Save and close.
~Anne Troy

Anne, PERFECT!

Thanks,