Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wessel Wessel is offline

Default numbering

I want a default numbering when I open a document. I do not even want to
switch the numbering on. It must be their. How do I set this up?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

You can define your styles however you like, including with numbering.

"Wessel" wrote in message
I want a default numbering when I open a document. I do not even want to
switch the numbering on. It must be their. How do I set this up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
infohwyman infohwyman is offline

Jezebel, I think what she needs is to setup a document the way she wants it
to look by default, and save it as a template, so when you start a new doc,
you start with that saved template, and you will start with the numbering
ready to go.
When you start a new document, if you do not specify, you will end up with
the normal.dot, which is a blank template and should be left that way.
So structure a doc the way you basically want it, like if you want an
outline with an intro paragraph, then a blank ten item list, just create
that, and then save it as a .dot file but name it what you want to so you can
find it later in the list.
--
++++++++James Williams++++++++
====Technical Writer/Instructor===

"Wessel" wrote in message
I want a default numbering when I open a document. I do not even want to
switch the numbering on. It must be their. How do I set this up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are referring to paragraph numbering, create it properly linked
to styles as explained at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html, and
then save as a document template (*.dot). Whenever you need to reuse
the numbering scheme, create a document based on that template, and
apply the styles.

If you are referring to page numbering, add it in a document (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm), and then
create a template as suggested above.

For more information about templates and styles, see:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...sOnStyles.html

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart1.htm

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart2.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wessel" wrote in message
I want a default numbering when I open a document. I do not even
want to
switch the numbering on. It must be their. How do I set this up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

I hope the OP can understand your response. Buggered if I can. I hope you
don't teach your students to write like that!