Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
North421 North421 is offline

Default Sections and Page Numbers

I am using Word 2003. I am trying to use Section Pages in the header and Page
in the footer. When I change the renumber option in the header or footer, it
changes the setting in the other also.
Is there a way to have the renumber option different in the header than in
the footer?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

No. The option applies to the section. If you explain what you actually
need, someone may be able to suggest a formula field you could use.

"North421" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003. I am trying to use Section Pages in the header and
Page
in the footer. When I change the renumber option in the header or footer,
it
changes the setting in the other also.
Is there a way to have the renumber option different in the header than in
the footer?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

North421 wrote:
I am using Word 2003. I am trying to use Section Pages in the header and Page
in the footer. When I change the renumber option in the header or footer, it
changes the setting in the other also.
Is there a way to have the renumber option different in the header than in
the footer?

Well, this probably only makes sense if you tell Word to use continuous
page numbering in all of your sections. Then, the output of { PAGE }
will increase from 1..x and { SECTIONPAGES } will start restart
(automatically, anyway) in each section.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
North421 North421 is offline

Thank you. I am writing a procedures manual. I am using stylref fields based
on my headings to give me my "chapters". I thought it would be useful, at
least during the preliminary work, to have a page of pages in the heading for
the "chapters" and a page of pages in the footer for the entire document. I
will have to create a TOC eventually. I am not an experienced Word user so I
would be concerned how a formula field would effect the TOC. Thanks for your
help.