Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PARAGRAPH SETTINGS PARAGRAPH SETTINGS is offline

Default enable don,t add space between paragraphs of same style

IN MS WORD 2003 .I WANT TO ENABLE THE OPTION i.e. DON'T ADD SPACE BETWEEN
PARAGRAPHS OF THE SAME STYLE .THIS IS IN FORMAT MENU IN PARAGRAPH.I WANT TO
HIGHLIGHT OR CHECK IT.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Paragraph styles can only have one style of before/after spacing. If you want paragraphs following one of a given style to use a
different spacing, then you should consider using a different style definition for the rest.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"PARAGRAPH SETTINGS" PARAGRAPH wrote in message
| IN MS WORD 2003 .I WANT TO ENABLE THE OPTION i.e. DON'T ADD SPACE BETWEEN
| PARAGRAPHS OF THE SAME STYLE .THIS IS IN FORMAT MENU IN PARAGRAPH.I WANT TO
| HIGHLIGHT OR CHECK IT.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

That is a feature that is introduced in Word 2007. Word 2003 does not have
it.

Also, please don't SHOUT!

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"PARAGRAPH SETTINGS" PARAGRAPH wrote in
message ...
IN MS WORD 2003 .I WANT TO ENABLE THE OPTION i.e. DON'T ADD SPACE BETWEEN
PARAGRAPHS OF THE SAME STYLE .THIS IS IN FORMAT MENU IN PARAGRAPH.I WANT
HIGHLIGHT OR CHECK IT.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There are two requirements for enabling this option:

1. You must go through the Modify Style dialog; that is, you can change the
setting only for a given style, not specific paragraphs in that style. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

2. Spacing Before or After must be set to Auto.

"PARAGRAPH SETTINGS" PARAGRAPH wrote in
message ...
IN MS WORD 2003 .I WANT TO ENABLE THE OPTION i.e. DON'T ADD SPACE BETWEEN
PARAGRAPHS OF THE SAME STYLE .THIS IS IN FORMAT MENU IN PARAGRAPH.I WANT

HIGHLIGHT OR CHECK IT.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

2. Spacing Before or After must be set to Auto.

Are you sure about this? A fixed value cannot be suppressed between
paragraphs of the same style?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
There are two requirements for enabling this option:

1. You must go through the Modify Style dialog; that is, you can

change the
setting only for a given style, not specific paragraphs in that

style. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

2. Spacing Before or After must be set to Auto.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"PARAGRAPH SETTINGS" PARAGRAPH

wrote in
message ...
IN MS WORD 2003 .I WANT TO ENABLE THE OPTION i.e. DON'T ADD SPACE

BETWEEN
PARAGRAPHS OF THE SAME STYLE .THIS IS IN FORMAT MENU IN

PARAGRAPH.I WANT
HIGHLIGHT OR CHECK IT.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I kept trying various combinations (including toggling the HTML paragraph
spacing Compatibility option), and the only thing I found that resulted in
that check box being enabled was setting one or both of the Before/After
settings to Auto. I'd love to be proved wrong, and I'll admit I experimented
only briefly, using the List Number style, but that was what I say (Word
2003).

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'll have to take your Word for it, since I currently don't have
access to my home computer with Word 2003.

I do find it strange, though, that the requirement of "Auto" spacing
is not mentioned in this KB article:

The "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" check box
that is not available in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284968/en-us

But I guess that doesn't prove anything sigh.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Oh, you are going to have such a laugh at me. The reason the box was
disabled was that I didn't have *any* value for Before/After. With it set to
0 points for both, of course the box is unavailable! Sheesh!

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, we all make mistakes... :-)

I'm glad to learn that it is in fact working as expected.

--
[...]

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.