Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CptCam CptCam is offline

Default Can sombody tell me why my indents are like this? Pic. attached

I'm writing an RFP for wireless and I have my indents all laid out right
except for when I hit section 8 it start indenting too far.

A picture of what I'm talking about is he

http://www.carpenterfive.com/pics/problem.bmp

I, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to fix that. 8.1f0 through 8.15
is all messed up. Starting with Section 9 (not shown) it goes correct again.
Odd. How do I fix the 8.10 through 8.15 so the words start indented
correctly? - not way out to the right.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The setting for "Tab space after" is insufficient to clear the numbers once
you get into double-digits. Increase that setting, and you'll want to set
"Indent at" (which specifies the hanging indent) to the same amount. Also,
note that your page will look nicer if you set the number position of the
Level 3 paragraphs the same as the tab/indent position (so that 8.9.1 will
align with the runover lines of 8.8 and 8.10).