Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lifesnadir Lifesnadir is offline

Default Office-Word 2003-SP1 - paragraphs dropping on next page

I use Word for very long documents (1,000+ pages). A big annoyance is that
before printing, I have to go page by page through the document to make sure
Word did not add 1 to 3 blank lines at the top of the page. This is not
always in a new paragraph - some of data is line after line of numbers+text,
or maybe has 1 blank line in-between.

I'm just beginning to learn about applying Styles.

Is there
1. Any way to FORCE Word to start the top of each page WITH what I've typed,
rather than finding Word has added 1-3 blank lines at the top?
or
2. Is there a way with Styles to force Word to stop adding blank lines?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word does NOT add blank lines. I suspect that what is happening is that you
are using the enter key after the text on one page to try and force the next
bit of text to the top of a page. If you want some text to appear at the
top of a page, format the paragraph containing that text so that there is a
page break before it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.