Barb R.

Default 2003 Ruler/Margins

You say you have the page setting at 7.5 x 11 portrait. Is this a custom
setting?

" wrote:

This is a new prob. Since about two months ago when I had to
reinstall everything to new HD

So, I probably have SOMETHING set wrong! I am not a 'new' user, have
been using WORD for many years.

I have 'page setting' on 7.5 x11 Portrait... One inch margins all
around.

L margin is stuck at 6.5! Both on ruler, and on page layout, print
preview. And it prints out as if paper were 7.5 wide, not 8.5

In print preview and sometimes in other view, looks like it's on
LANDSCAPE instead of Portrait, though L margin stay at 6.5
This seems to apply to all docs, even years old ones when I open them.

A NEW .doc file will open with CORRECT margins, but as soon as I alter
it w/text, pic, and save, etc. IT does the same thing.

Have (some several times!):
done detect & repair
Checked for office updates
checked normal.dot
reviewed all settings (including printer)

This is really driving me nutso, and hanging up several projects.
Ideas???

Thanks!