Groovykimu

Default Form field spacing in a Word/Excel mail merge

I am trying to set up a mail merge in Word 2000 using data from an Excel 2000
file.

The data is a list of contact names and addresses. I want to do this mail
merge so I can print off address labels for these contacts.

Some of the contacts have titles (Dr, Mr, Ms, etc), however, some do not.
With contacts that have titles, I want the label to have a space between the
title and the first name. With contacts that do not have titles, I want the
names to appear at the start of the first line of the label, without a space.

How can I do this?

I have tried inserting a space after each title in the excel file; however,
Word seems to ignore these spaces.

When I enter the form fields as title name, this creates an ugly
space at the start of the lines for labels where there is no title.

Any advice gratefully received!

Kim
Doug Robbins

Use the following If...then...Else field construction

{ IF { MERGEFIELD Title }= "" "{ MERGEFIELD Name }" "{ MERGEFIELD Title }
{ MERGEFIELD Name }" }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { }, and Alt+F9
to toggle off their display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.