Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamela Pamela is offline

Default How do I install and/or activate the office assistant

I have Word 2000 version on my office computer. I actually like the office
assistant. However, our company does not install that portion of the program.
IT instructed me to "find the download on the Microsoft website and you can
install it yourself". However, I can't seem to find any type of download or
add-in on the web site. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are seven Office assistant characters included on the
Office 2000 CD. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=202991
"One Office Assistant is installed by default when you install
Office 2000" and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=231946
"OFF2000: How to Add/Remove a Single Office Program or Component"
for information on how to add the Office assistant feature to
your current installation.

Additional Office assistant characters can be downloaded from
http://www.msagentring.org , but I don't believe these will work
if you don't first install the Office assistant feature from the
Office 2000 CD.