Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carey Carey is offline

Default Acrobat Conversion Error

When I try to convert a Word doc. to a pdf using Acrobat I get an error
message that says "An error occurred while creating (bookmarks, threads,
etc.)" It doesn't work whether I try starting in Acrobat or try starting
from Word. I've reloaded both programs... any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carey Carey is offline

Um... I'm pretty new to Adobe, I don't know what Distiller is. Can you give
me a brief description of what that is?

"Carey" wrote in message
When I try to convert a Word doc. to a pdf using Acrobat I get an error
message that says "An error occurred while creating (bookmarks, threads,
etc.)" It doesn't work whether I try starting in Acrobat or try starting
from Word. I've reloaded both programs... any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

File - Print - change your printer driver to Distiller

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Carey" wrote in message
When I try to convert a Word doc. to a pdf using Acrobat I get an error
message that says "An error occurred while creating (bookmarks,
threads,
etc.)" It doesn't work whether I try starting in Acrobat or try
starting
from Word. I've reloaded both programs... any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't have that option in Acrobat 6.0. I have "Adobe PDF" listed as a
printer, but that's not the same thing as using Distiller, which I have to
run separately from a Start menu shortcut.

"Carey" wrote in message
When I try to convert a Word doc. to a pdf using Acrobat I get an

error
message that says "An error occurred while creating (bookmarks,
threads,
etc.)" It doesn't work whether I try starting in Acrobat or try
starting
from Word. I've reloaded both programs... any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is Adobe PDF. I mistyped.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't have that option in Acrobat 6.0. I have "Adobe PDF" listed as a
printer, but that's not the same thing as using Distiller, which I have to
run separately from a Start menu shortcut.

so
all may benefit.

"Carey" wrote in message
When I try to convert a Word doc. to a pdf using Acrobat I get an

error
message that says "An error occurred while creating (bookmarks,
threads,
etc.)" It doesn't work whether I try starting in Acrobat or try
starting
from Word. I've reloaded both programs... any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

No, this was actually a change between Acrobat 5 and Acrobat 6 -- under #5
you had the choice in the printers list. Under #6 you don't -- as Sooze
describes, you have to run Distiller as an app in its own right.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
It is Adobe PDF. I mistyped.

--

"Carey" wrote in message
When I try to convert a Word doc. to a pdf using Acrobat I get an

error
message that says "An error occurred while creating (bookmarks,
threads,
etc.)" It doesn't work whether I try starting in Acrobat or try
starting
from Word. I've reloaded both programs... any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I thought so. I recently upgraded to 7 from 5 and I really don't pay
attention, I just click and it's done.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jezebel" wrote in message
No, this was actually a change between Acrobat 5 and Acrobat 6 -- under #5
you had the choice in the printers list. Under #6 you don't -- as Sooze
describes, you have to run Distiller as an app in its own right.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
It is Adobe PDF. I mistyped.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't have that option in Acrobat 6.0. I have "Adobe PDF" listed as a
printer, but that's not the same thing as using Distiller, which I have
run separately from a Start menu shortcut.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.