JMoats

Default How can I import Corel CDR format images?

I have a full collection of Corel CDR format images. My version of COREL DRAW
is very old... So old that it will not run on Windows XP in any compatibility
mode. I just want to access the CDR format files that I have. Is there a
filter for WORD to convert CDR images to BITMAP? I have not been able to
locate any program online for doing this...

Please help me!

CyberTaz

I don't believe Word can do what you want, but you might look into a graphics
conversion program. They range anywhere from FREE on up. I'm most familiar
with Graphic Converter on the Mac, which is terrific. Look he

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/se...phic+converter

HTH |:)

"JMoats" wrote:

I have a full collection of Corel CDR format images. My version of COREL DRAW
is very old... So old that it will not run on Windows XP in any compatibility
mode. I just want to access the CDR format files that I have. Is there a
filter for WORD to convert CDR images to BITMAP? I have not been able to
locate any program online for doing this...

Please help me!

You can use Insert | Picture to insert CDR files. You can then "export" them
as JPEGs or GIFs. See http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm.
The MSKB article "The limitations of graphics import filters in Word 2003
and in Word 2002" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290362) lists these
limitations:

The CorelDRAW graphics filter (Cdrimp32.flt) supports .cdr, .cdt, .cmx, and
..pat files from CorelDRAW 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, and 9.0.

This filter has the following limitations:
a. Object and PostScript texture fills are replaced with solid gray
fills.
b. Gradient fills are split into monocolored stripes.
There is no support for the following:
a. CorelDRAW preferences, such as page size and orientation, units, grid,
and guidelines
b. Lenses and powerclips
c. Pages, layers, and groups
d. OLE objects