Adam

Default Can't open a doc in Word 2003

I just got upgraded to Windows XP Pro and Word 2003. I can open most of my
docs created in my old system that had Windows and Word 2000. But certain
docs I can't open, and they cause Word to hang. No error messages appear, it
just hangs. If I try to open them again it says "Word had trouble opening
this last time...etc." and marks the file as "disabled" in the Disabled Files
list. I take it out of the list (re-enable it), but it still won't open.

Any ideas?
Bev

You might want to try changing the document extension from .doc to .rtf and
then try opening the file.

You may also wantn to check the Word options -- there is setting that lets
you open older documents.

Non .doc files Tino New Users 12 March 9th 05 09:43 AM
Open embedded object using Word Viewer 2003 Michelle Microsoft Word Help 4 February 4th 05 05:27 AM
word 2003 cannot open certain files created in version 2000 or 200 EHRHARDT Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 05 04:17 AM
Word 2003 takes 20secs to open document. Jason Langoulant Microsoft Word Help 2 December 13th 04 02:42 AM