Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lleclair lleclair is offline

Default How do I set the folder view default to "list"?

Sometimes when I "Save As", the list of folders in the folder list that comes
up is not in alpha orderna nd I don't know how this gets changed on its own.
How to I set the default of a folder view to "list"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

You don't mention what Word version and OP you are using.
I am on 2003 with XP Pro and have found that this order seems to be dictated
by the settings of the Windows Explorer. Open said application, set to your
requirements. Open Word and cross-fingers the Save-As and Open dialog boxes
are in the order you want.
Hope this helps.
DeanH