Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
suziep suziep is offline

Default How can I show an embedded worksheet in word longer than a page?

I am trying to insert an embedded worksheet into a Word document. But, the
worksheet is over a page long. How can I make the worksheet break at a
particular point so it will display and print properly? Reason being, is
that there are several sections that I need to imput information and have it
total.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

An embedded object in a Word document cannot span a page. If you only
need a simple sum, you might try copying and pasting the Excel range
into Word as a table and then creating a sum formula in the Word table.

suziep wrote:

I am trying to insert an embedded worksheet into a Word document. But, the
worksheet is over a page long. How can I make the worksheet break at a
particular point so it will display and print properly? Reason being, is
that there are several sections that I need to imput information and have it
total.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

suziep wrote:
I am trying to insert an embedded worksheet into a Word document.
But, the worksheet is over a page long. How can I make the worksheet
break at a particular point so it will display and print properly?
Reason being, is that there are several sections that I need to imput
information and have it total.

An embedded spreadsheet is an "object", and Word cannot ever display an
object that crosses a page boundary. You'll have to copy smaller pieces of
the spreadsheet and paste the pieces separately into the Word document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
suziep suziep is offline

Default How can I show an embedded worksheet in word longer than a pag

Thanks, but if I paste each section separately, how do I get a grand total
for all the sections?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

suziep wrote:
I am trying to insert an embedded worksheet into a Word document.
But, the worksheet is over a page long. How can I make the worksheet
break at a particular point so it will display and print properly?
Reason being, is that there are several sections that I need to imput
information and have it total.

An embedded spreadsheet is an "object", and Word cannot ever display an
object that crosses a page boundary. You'll have to copy smaller pieces of
the spreadsheet and paste the pieces separately into the Word document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Have Excel calculate the total, and paste that into Word as well.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

suziep wrote:
I am trying to insert an embedded worksheet into a Word document.
But, the worksheet is over a page long. How can I make the
worksheet break at a particular point so it will display and print
properly? Reason being, is that there are several sections that I
need to imput information and have it total.

An embedded spreadsheet is an "object", and Word cannot ever display
an object that crosses a page boundary. You'll have to copy smaller
pieces of the spreadsheet and paste the pieces separately into the
Word document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman