Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kfinn4 Kfinn4 is offline

Default Document Opens to a Blank Page

My son saved his school project in Word last night (been working on it
several nights with no problem). The project contains text, word art, and
pictures. Today when he opened it, the document is blank. How do I get it
back. I'm worried this may be tied to the fact I deleted a bunch of old
photos and downloaded videos from Picasa, and there may have been one or two
pictures from his project in there, though I'm not sure. When I deleted
those, I got the message they would be deleted from any other file they were
in and sent to the recycle bin. I haven't dumped my recycle bin yet. Please
help me save my son's project!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Restore the Recycler, wont hurt.
Do the images come back?
The images may have been "linked" instead of inserted without link.
When you say the file is blank, do you mean totally blank, ie no text either?
Best of Luck
DeanH