Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dandydon1 dandydon1 is offline

Default File Converting

I was using Corel Office 2002 for some time and have a lot of files that are
..wpd and .qpw. Is there any way I can convert these to files used by
Microsoft Office 2003?
--
Don M
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

I could open a .wpd with Word just fine. Did you just try opening them?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"dandydon1" wrote in message
I was using Corel Office 2002 for some time and have a lot of files that
are
.wpd and .qpw. Is there any way I can convert these to files used by
Microsoft Office 2003?
--
Don M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word should be able to open WPD files without problem and Excel should be
able to convert Quattro Pro files. You may not however have the appropriate
filters installed. These should be installed automatically, or you can
install them by re-running Office setup from the Windows Control Panel Add
or Remove programs applet.

dandydon1 wrote:
I was using Corel Office 2002 for some time and have a lot of files
that are .wpd and .qpw. Is there any way I can convert these to files
used by Microsoft Office 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dandydon1 dandydon1 is offline

Could it be Windows Vista? Everytime I try to open a *.qpw file I receive:
"*.qpw: file format is not valid."
--
Don M

"dandydon1" wrote:

I was using Corel Office 2002 for some time and have a lot of files that are
.wpd and .qpw. Is there any way I can convert these to files used by
Microsoft Office 2003?
--
Don M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Probably nothing to do with Vista. Fire up Excel and attempt to open the
file from file open. If that doesn't work, ask in the Excel forum as this
is an Excel converter issue. Excel afficionados should know what the issues
are on converting Quattro Pro files