Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
riverboat riverboat is offline

Default Word 2007 table effects

I cannot apply table effects in Word 2007. Help text tells me to right
click in table and click Select Table. This command doesn't appear,
nor does the Effects button I see on the Help screen shot. I can do
what I want in Publisher, but when I paste the table into Word, the
effects are lost. I also don't understand why table styles don't
always reflect the theme I choose (so when I change the theme, the
table colours don't change). Can I cause a table to aopt theme colours
other than by applying them manually?
Can anyone help. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Riverboat,
What table effects are you referring to? I know there are table effects you
can apply to PowerPoint tables, things like shadow, reflection and such.
Those are not available in Word, as far as I know. You can copy paste the
table in Word as a picture though.
As to the selection bit, you can use the old method of selecting, just click
on the 4 arrow icon in the upper left corner of the table or press
Alt+shift+5 (numeric keypad). Or go to the Format tab, table group,
selection button.
Table colours do update here when applying a different document theme. At
least when you applied a specific table style. Could be you used your own
colours in the table, by own colours I mean you choose the more colours
button when applying a shade/border using the shading/border button on the
table styles group of the design ribbon.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint