MacGyverS2000

Default Single document, multiple (auto) heading styles

Like a good kid, I used Word's built-in heading styles and modified them to
suit my needs... standard numbering for the main chapters, addition of 'A'
for Appendix A, etc. Each chapter/appendix was originally placed in a
separate file. Now I'm trying to combine them into one file and it has hit
the fan.

The TOC and chapters 1-4 are now in the same document, section breaks placed
appropriately, etc. However, when I add in the appendices, the numbering
scheme for the first chapters takes on the 'A', 'B', etc. of the appendices.
I tried selecting a different numbering scheme for each (in the menu pop-up
that displays the different schemes), but no joy.

Is there a way to do this in one document?

Stefan Blom

See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html.

--