Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura Laura is offline

Default format for Bibliography in APA format

Can anyone please tell me how to format my paper so that the 2nd line of the
bibliography is indented, according to APA format, in Word 2007? Every time
that I try to indent the 2nd line of each of my references, Word wants to
also indent the previous line. I am getting marked down on my grade because
of this, so I need a fast fix!

Thanks,
Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura Laura is offline

That's what I used in Word 2003, but now that you can create your references
in the APA format, the bibliography page is already automated. Is the best
bet not to use this feature then?

Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Use a hanging indent.

"Laura" wrote in message
Can anyone please tell me how to format my paper so that the 2nd line of

the
bibliography is indented, according to APA format, in Word 2007? Every

time
that I try to indent the 2nd line of each of my references, Word wants to
also indent the previous line. I am getting marked down on my grade

because
of this, so I need a fast fix!

Thanks,
Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sorry, I'm not using Word 2007 yet, so I can't answer this; perhaps someone
else can.

"Laura" wrote in message
That's what I used in Word 2003, but now that you can create your

references
in the APA format, the bibliography page is already automated. Is the

best
bet not to use this feature then?

Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Use a hanging indent.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Laura" wrote in message
Can anyone please tell me how to format my paper so that the 2nd line

of
the
bibliography is indented, according to APA format, in Word 2007?

Every
time
that I try to indent the 2nd line of each of my references, Word wants

also indent the previous line. I am getting marked down on my grade

because
of this, so I need a fast fix!

Thanks,
Laura

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
yawar.amin yawar.amin is offline

Hi,

Other than manually changing Word's bibliography style file (i.e. the .XSL
file) the only thing I can think of is, finish your paper, update the
bibliography to its final version, then change the paragraph formatting to a
hanging indent (e.g. 20pt).

HTH