Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kay

Default PLease Help!!!Formulas not updating and macros disappearing

Hello Everyone,

I have a pretty complex form that uses many tables, formfields, macros, etc.
and I have two major problems:
In one of the sections I have a table with number fields and formulas to
calculate.

B4*B5* in one field and B6 =if(B6=0,0,(B7*3)+b3) in another. In fact each
column have the same relative formulas. They are set up as calculated
formfields.....not just formulas in the cell. When first created they seemed
fine, but now they do not update at all. The form is protected as it should
be and I have a macro set at the end of the form to unprotect, spell check
and I assumed update the calculation fields. It just no longer works. I
thought there was a line of code in the macro that selected all of the
document and updated, but it seems to have been taken out somehow. Here is
the code behind the macro courtesy MVPs.

Sub FormsSpellCheck()

' If document is protected, Unprotect it.
If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType wdNoProtection Then
ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:="not2day"
End If

' Set the language for the document.
Selection.WholeStory
Selection.LanguageID = wdEnglishUS

' Perform Spelling/Grammar check.
If Options.CheckGrammarWithSpelling = True Then
ActiveDocument.CheckGrammar
Else
ActiveDocument.CheckSpelling
End If

' ReProtect the document.
If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType = wdNoProtection Then
ActiveDocument.Protect Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True
End If

End Sub

The second problem has to do with the template and all of its macros. This
document of course has been saved as a template. All of the macros are
stored in the template. A co-worker emailed me the template with suggested
changes (Not tracking) and none of the macros were with the template. I have
many macros for doing things like validation and adding new rows as well as
the spell check macro. I do not understand why this is happening and how to
stop it. We need many people to download this template and use it with
macros intact. I have other forms and they were also emailed to me and they
work fine.

Please help!!!!!!