Kimmie

Default how many files can be kept in a folder?

Hello, these are questions for my CIS100 class.
How many files can be kept in a folder?
How many folder can be kept in a computer?
Thanks Kimmie
CyberTaz

Hi Kimmie-

These are actually Operating System questions and the answer will vary
depending on OS version & other issues, such as disk space. In general you
can create as many folders as you need & each one can store as many files as
you wish.

If you need specific numbers, try the appropriate Windows newsgroup but I
believe you will find the number of folders astronomical & number of files
limited only by file size/disk space.

HTH |:)

"Kimmie" wrote:

Hello, these are questions for my CIS100 class.
How many files can be kept in a folder?
How many folder can be kept in a computer?
Thanks Kimmie

TF

"Kimmie" wrote in message
: Hello, these are questions for my CIS100 class.

: How many files can be kept in a folder?

As many dollars as you can deposit in my Swiss bank account.

: How many folder can be kept in a computer?

2 to the power of 32 minus 1 files but if you create more than 300,000
files, you need to disable long filenames. (This is assuming Windows XP with
NTFS formatted disk.)

: Thanks Kimmie