ammelnyk

Default Word freezes in Notebook layout when I try to insert bullets

I love the new notebook layout. It is a very convenient way to plan and
compose documents, however, it frequently freezes up when I try to insert
bullets. I have tried both from the formatting pallete and the drop down
menu. It has been freezing up at least 50% of the time. If I'm not careful
to save before I try to bulet a section, I natuarally lose all my work
because ui have to Force Quit.

Is there a way to avoid this???

What Notebook layout? Are you talking about Reading Layout view? If so, I
don't believe it is meant to be used for editing. Or is this some new Mac
feature? If Word is a Mac version, try posting in a Mac NG, starting at
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/communi...pid=newsgroups

"ammelnyk" wrote in message
I love the new notebook layout. It is a very convenient way to plan and
compose documents, however, it frequently freezes up when I try to insert
bullets. I have tried both from the formatting pallete and the drop down
menu. It has been freezing up at least 50% of the time. If I'm not

careful
to save before I try to bulet a section, I natuarally lose all my work
because ui have to Force Quit.

Is there a way to avoid this???

ammelnyk

Thanks Suzanne,

I should have specified that it is Word 2004 for MAC. I'll check out the
group you mentioned.

"ammelnyk" wrote in message
I love the new notebook layout. It is a very convenient way to plan and
compose documents, however, it frequently freezes up when I try to insert
bullets. I have tried both from the formatting pallete and the drop down
menu. It has been freezing up at least 50% of the time. If I'm not

careful
to save before I try to bulet a section, I natuarally lose all my work
because ui have to Force Quit.

Is there a way to avoid this???

Daiya Mitchell

You are using a Mac version? You need to go repost on the Mac-specific
newsgroups, as the Win version does not have notebook layout.

See here for Google/Entourage gateway to Mac-specific ngs:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Daiya Mitchell

Just by the way, MacWord 2004 has a Notebook Layout view (really a
semi-format) that incorporated some features similar to OneNote, far as I
can tell. Records sound, etc.

Many people love it though I have not used it much at all.

Thanks for redirecting.