Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
captsamm(remove)@comcast.net

Default Pictures in word.

When puttting pictures in a word document, is there any way of changing the
default which is 'insert' to a default of 'link'
I put upwards of 150 pictures in a document and would like to double clik
the pic for linking rather than going ...insert, clik, link, clik,,, on every
pic.
Thank you.
Capt Samm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2FwdHNhbW0ocmVtb3ZlKUBjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=,

When puttting pictures in a word document, is there any way of changing the
default which is 'insert' to a default of 'link'
I put upwards of 150 pictures in a document and would like to double clik
the pic for linking rather than going ...insert, clik, link, clik,,, on every
pic.

It would require a macro. One that intercepts the built-in command (meaning it
needs to be named InsertPicture), .Display the dialog box, then take the chosen
file and insert it in the mode you prefer. For example:

Sub InsertPicture()
Dim dlg As Word.Dialog
Dim sPicName As String

Set dlg = Application.Dialogs(wdDialogInsertPicture)
If dlg.Display 0 Then
sPicName = dlg.Name
ActiveDocument.InlineShapes.AddPicture _
sPicName, True, False, Selection.Range
End If
End Sub

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
captsamm(remove)@comcast.net

I understand what you are saying regarding the macro, but how does one
accomplish this. I have not written or thought that I used macros before. I
see the insert picture macro under word commands....do I edit this or place a
new macro somewhere else, and how.
Thanks,

Samm

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2FwdHNhbW0ocmVtb3ZlKUBjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=,

I understand what you are saying regarding the macro, but how does one
accomplish this. I have not written or thought that I used macros before. I
see the insert picture macro under word commands....do I edit this or place a
new macro somewhere else, and how.

Basically, you should be able to copy the macro in my first reply and paste it into
the Visual Basic editor. If you've never done anything at all with a macro before,
you will find a tutorial on the word.mvps.org website that tells you how to use
macros you get via newsgroups or over the internet. If you have problems after
reading that, please post back and explain what's going wrong :-)

Note that the macro I gave you may not do exactly what you want. So try it first in
a "throw away" document. I'll be happy to tweak it for you (within reason), but it
will be important that you
- tell me the version of Word you have
- describe exactly how it's not doing the job, and what you'd like to have

[...]

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jes Bastholm

Thanks for the explanation - it was usefull to me.

I would like the macro to resize the picture so that all pictures have the
same width in cm - would that be possible?

Jes