Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
caylinn caylinn is offline

Default Help with language dictionary

I created a template that provides formatting and standard layout used by a
group : they put in content and the docs come back to me for fine tuning
before going out for print. Someone has managed to change the grammar checker
to french even though the dictionary is listed as english only and it has
"infected" my template and I can't get rid of it! I used the MS Office Tools
Language to make sure everything is set for english.
Opening a blank doc options proofing shows custom dictionary:
english/us, and Writing Style: is in english. In my (now broken) template,
the second I apply any style my page is covered in little red underlines and
Writing Style: is in french.
Do I have to rebuild the whole thing from scratch or can I save it? And once
I fix it/rebuild it is there some way to lock it so this once happen again? I
didn't want to have to "protect" because people get cranky and "protect"
seems to be all-or-nothing when it comes to formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Open the document, use Ctrl+A to select all and then go to Tools, Language,
Set Language. Choose English and deselect the Automatically Detect Language
box.

If this is one user causing the problem, go to that PC and use the Office
Language tool to uninstall all languages except for English.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

news