Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
squirrell1 squirrell1 is offline

Default Saving/Opening documents problem

My Word 2002 has just started this problem last night. I was working on a
document, saved it to move to something else, then went back to open the
document. Got an error--"filepath invalid." Tried other already saved
documents and they open fine. This morning, I went in and reconstructed the
original document all over again, saved it again, and again got the same
error "filepath invalid" when I tried to reopen the document. Now anything I
create in Word and save will no reopen!!!

I have hit "Detect and repair" in Word several times and it doesn't seem to
help.
I have also tried saving to different files or as different file types, but
it doesn't work; I also get the same error message about the file path.

Help!!

Do I need to reinstall Office XP or something?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Select the file in Windows Explorer. Right click and select Open With.
Select 'Choose Program' (not Winword).
Pick Winword from the list and check the 'always open with this application'
check box.