Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
User

Default Combining Word97 files

Hi,

I have several files .doc (Word97).
I'd like to combine them (make 1 file)
without losing formats used in the files
(the files include tables).

How to do it? I'd like to avoid inserting
one file to another.

Regards
User
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi User,

I have several files .doc (Word97).
I'd like to combine them (make 1 file)
without losing formats used in the files
(the files include tables).

How to do it? I'd like to avoid inserting
one file to another.

Difficult, and it depends on exactly what you mean by
"formats". Can you be more specific?

Note: there's no way to combine them into one file without
inserting one into the other!

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Note: there's no way to combine them into one file without
inserting one into the other!

Well, we used to have Binder, a useful concept (though I never used it so
know no more about it than the concept), but no more.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi User,

I have several files .doc (Word97).
I'd like to combine them (make 1 file)
without losing formats used in the files
(the files include tables).

How to do it? I'd like to avoid inserting
one file to another.

Difficult, and it depends on exactly what you mean by
"formats". Can you be more specific?

Note: there's no way to combine them into one file without
inserting one into the other!

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
User

Hi again,

Thanks for advice from all fo you.

Eventually I decided to insert all the files
into a new one. The tables are OK.

Regards,
User
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
A Kidner

If you have the same problem again you could try the free download at
www.doc-u-merge.co.uk. In my experience it normally retains the formatting
of the individual documents. See the support page on the site for more info.