Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klann Tools

Default transferring sales orders created in word over to excel

Hello,
My company have been raising our sales orders manually in word over the last
2 years and now the time has come to transfer it all to a sage system. Our
sage consultants advise that they can export all data to Sage as long as it
is in a CSV format - which means using excel.

Our sales orders have a header table section giving delivery address etc
followed by a number of lines in another table detailing what the customer
has ordered and what price they paid etc.

We have over 2000 of these word documents that need putting into a csv
format. Does anyone have any suggestions about any quicker, easier methods
of doing so than manually transfering all the data from word into excel, as
that would take hours!

I did wonder about the use of macros to get the address header table into
excel but I wondered how you used macros and got them to automatically start
on the next line after completing the first line.

If theres anyone out there that can help do let me know!