Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sherihelpwithword

Default How do I insert hyperlinks within a table in word

I need to place hyperlinks within my document and the document itself is in
Table format. I can't seem to get the hyperlinks to work within the table ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

Hyperlinks shouldn't work any differently in a table than anywhere
else in a Word document.

Exactly what is the problem? Be more specific than "they don't
work"...

Exactly what is selected when you start to insert a hyperlink? Can you
open the Insert Hyperlink dialog when the cursor is inside a single
table cell? Can you insert the hyperlink? If not, what happens?

Do you see the hyperlink (blue and underlined) or do you see the field
code (black text inside curly braces like {HYPERLINK etc.} )? If it's
the field code, press Alt+F9 to toggle to the result -- does that fix
it?

If the hyperlink is there, what do you see when the mouse pointer
hovers over it? Does the tooltip appear? Does it say "Click to follow
link" or "Ctrl + click to follow link"? (This is controlled by an
option in Tools Options General.)

What happens when you click or Ctrl + click on the link? Nothing? A
jump to the wrong location? Something else?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman