Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MB

Default Unable to select cells

Hello experts.

I've been working a large table (a form, actually), with multiple rows and
different sized cells. I can no longer select a cell (with the little black
arrow). I have to go into the menu (TableSelectCell). I can select
columns and rows, but not individual cells. Also, my create table button
disappeared. When I added it back on the toolbar, I get a dialog box instead
of a grid to create a table.

Thank you so much for your help.

--
MB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

TableInsertGeneral is the command you want for the "grid to create a table."

As for the first, do you have nested tables, merged cells? Is the table
wrapped? What view are you in?

"MB" wrote in message
Hello experts.

I've been working a large table (a form, actually), with multiple rows and
different sized cells. I can no longer select a cell (with the little

black
arrow). I have to go into the menu (TableSelectCell). I can select
columns and rows, but not individual cells. Also, my create table button
disappeared. When I added it back on the toolbar, I get a dialog box

instead
of a grid to create a table.

Thank you so much for your help.

--
MB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MB

Thank you, Suzanne, for the quick reply.

I do not have nested tables, but I do have merged cells. However, even the
single cells cannot be selected.

I'm don't understand the "TableInsertGeneral" command. Were you referring
to adding a button?

Thanks, again.
--
MB

"MB" wrote in message
Hello experts.

I've been working a large table (a form, actually), with multiple rows and
different sized cells. I can no longer select a cell (with the little

black
arrow). I have to go into the menu (TableSelectCell). I can select
columns and rows, but not individual cells. Also, my create table button
disappeared. When I added it back on the toolbar, I get a dialog box

instead
of a grid to create a table.

Thank you so much for your help.

--
MB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Yes. Find the TableInsertGeneral command under All Commands in Tools |
Customize.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

TableInsertGeneral is the command you want for the "grid to create a

table."

As for the first, do you have nested tables, merged cells? Is the table
wrapped? What view are you in?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.