Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RogerF in Virginia RogerF in Virginia is offline

Default IncludeText worked in WD03 but with WD07 gives invalid file name?

I have successfully been using {IF { MERGEFIELD E_Code } = "2" "{INCLUDETEXT
"d:\\data\\emailtext\\E_Code2.doc"}" "" } with Word 2003 to include a
specific message in an email and now using Word 2007 I receive "Error! Not a
valid filename." with the same syntax. Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I can't see anything wrong with it and the same syntax works OK here. If you
have retyped the fields, it's always worth checking that there are no spaces
in the pathname that should not be there (e.g. at the beginning).

Does the INCLUDETEXT work on its own, i.e. not nested inside an IF field?

Peter Jamieson
"RogerF in Virginia" wrote in
message ...