Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Starfish3 Starfish3 is offline

Default How doI send a fax directly from my XPS400 and Vista Office

I recently gave up my mutifuction HP Office Jet (which included a fax) for a
Dell
B&W Laser printer with no fax.

Can I still send faxes from my XPS400 either by internet or by adding a fax
modem.
Will I have to pay for a "fax service" (it was free with the OfficeJet.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Vista Office? Do you mean Windows Vista, Office 2007 or both?

It helps if you don't quote unassociated model numbers! I assume the XPS400
is a Dell desktop PC? According to the spec. it includes a fax modem. That
being the case, I suspect Vista will provide a driver that will enable it to
be used from Windows (ask a Vista forum) . Thereafter sending fax is simply
a matter of connecting the modem to a telephone line and 'printing' to the
fax driver.

A quick check at Google reveals that Vista offers fax compatibility in its
business, enterprise and ultimate versions. For lesser versions there will
be third party applications - try Mighty Fax?