Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teresa Teresa is offline

Default Upgrade 2002 to 2003 corruption woes

I recently upgraded from Word 2002 to 2003 in order to fix some problems that
occurred when creating PDFs. Happily, this fixed my PDF problem. But now it
seems any manuals Ive edited since the upgrade are now corrupted, at least
in the eyes of my Help application [WebWorks (WW) ePublisher Pro - the bane
of my existence!] The Word files themselves look fine to me.

WWs tech support diagnosed the corruption and told me to take the corrupted
Word 2003 file and Save As an RTF, then Save As a DOC, and reformat. After
taking his advice, the (small) file in question compiled just fine in
ePublisher Pro.

Here is my problem: The next two manuals that are corrupted are 200 pages
and 600 pages long. There is no way I want to reformat them after doing the
DOC to RTF to DOC convertions. Lazy? Yes!

Here is what Ive tried to fix the corruption:
- Used the Open and Repair option in Word (didnt work)
- Copied everything in the corrupted document except the last paragraph
mark, then pasted into a new document (didnt work)

When I say €śdidnt work,€ť I mean they wont compile in ePublisher Pro. They
still look and behave fine in Word.

I was hoping I could revert the documents back to Word 2002 before creating
the Help but use the Word 2003 versions to make PDFs, toggling back and forth
depending on what type of document I need to create. But I dont know how to
do that in Word or whether it would be advisable.

BTW, how would I otherwise tell that my files are corrupted? They do look
fine to me, and convert to PDFs fine. The WW tech support guy couldnt open
the file I sent him, though. Is there a way I can check to see if files have
this transparent corruption? If so, I could do this check and correct it
before trying to convert into Help.

Im using Word 2003 on XP. Thanks in advance for any help.