Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mem Mem is offline

Default I cant delete file, €śfile in use€ť but its not!

I have several files in different programs that I can not open or delete.
When I attempt 1st I get€ť This document is in use or is specified as read
only you may edit€¦€¦€¦€¦

Then I get €śaccess denied: you do not have the right to do this€¦€¦.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default I can't delete file, "file in use" but it's not!

You presumably have orphan lock files remaining. See
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

Mem wrote:
I have several files in different programs that I can not open or
delete. When I attempt 1st I get" This document is in use or is
specified as read only you may edit....

Then I get "access denied: you do not have the right to do this...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liz G. Liz G. is offline

I'm having this problem as well, with both Word 2007 and Word 2003, and I can
no longer save across my network (only two computers, both running XP) with
either the Word programs or my html editor. I tried the solution in the
link, and it hasn't changed anything.

Any other ideas?
--
liz

Mem wrote:
I have several files in different programs that I can not open or
delete. When I attempt 1st I get" This document is in use or is
specified as read only you may edit....

Then I get "access denied: you do not have the right to do this...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liz G. Liz G. is offline

I've followed the instructions to delete all those orphan files on both
computers, rebooted the computers and restarted both versions of Word. Still
having the same problems - files can be retrieved across the network (two
computers) but only as read only so they can't be saved.
-
liz