Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jill

Default page numbering

I think I'm on the right track from Garfield -n- Odie from others questions
but here goes....I'm building a template for procedures. Within these
documents I have enclosures. My procedures are numbered page 1 of ?. My
enclosures should be numbered 1 of ?. Sometimes I have several sets of
enclosures needing to be numbered 1 of ?. Is there a way for me to add this
into my template? Maybe a macro where my page number would restart 1 of ?
for each new enclosure.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tigroid

Click on view, header and footer, click on Insert Auto Text, click on Page X
of Y. This will automatically put the page 1 of ? on each page.

"jill" wrote:

I think I'm on the right track from Garfield -n- Odie from others questions
but here goes....I'm building a template for procedures. Within these
documents I have enclosures. My procedures are numbered page 1 of ?. My
enclosures should be numbered 1 of ?. Sometimes I have several sets of
enclosures needing to be numbered 1 of ?. Is there a way for me to add this
into my template? Maybe a macro where my page number would restart 1 of ?
for each new enclosure.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You can restart page numbering by inserting section breaks and telling them
to restart numbering. http://addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm
You would want to be using SectionPages fields instead of NumPages fields.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"jill" wrote in message
I think I'm on the right track from Garfield -n- Odie from others questions
but here goes....I'm building a template for procedures. Within these
documents I have enclosures. My procedures are numbered page 1 of ?. My
enclosures should be numbered 1 of ?. Sometimes I have several sets of
enclosures needing to be numbered 1 of ?. Is there a way for me to add
this
into my template? Maybe a macro where my page number would restart 1 of ?
for each new enclosure.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jill

I get the page numbering restarted but I need to have my page number plus my
total number of pages to restart at 1 in several places in my document. Is
this possible?

"jill" wrote in message
I think I'm on the right track from Garfield -n- Odie from others questions
but here goes....I'm building a template for procedures. Within these
documents I have enclosures. My procedures are numbered page 1 of ?. My
enclosures should be numbered 1 of ?. Sometimes I have several sets of
enclosures needing to be numbered 1 of ?. Is there a way for me to add
this
into my template? Maybe a macro where my page number would restart 1 of ?
for each new enclosure.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Please re-read my message. You need to change the Y in Page X of Y from
NumPages to SectionPages field.
--

"jill" wrote in message
I think I'm on the right track from Garfield -n- Odie from others
questions
but here goes....I'm building a template for procedures. Within these
documents I have enclosures. My procedures are numbered page 1 of ?.
My
enclosures should be numbered 1 of ?. Sometimes I have several sets of
enclosures needing to be numbered 1 of ?. Is there a way for me to add
this
into my template? Maybe a macro where my page number would restart 1
of ?
for each new enclosure.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jill

Charles,...I tried to make a macro to add enclosures automatically in my
template. I did the section 1 and section 2 in the macro and then deleted
the extra page after stopping the macro. When I click on the macro, section
2 is ok but 1 shows ePage{page} of {sectionpages} and then underneath is page
1 of 1. What am I doing wrong? Help please!