Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dimebag Dimebag is offline

Default Word 2007 TOC includes all body text when including Level 4

Hi

I've outlined a technical document and I've used up to level 4 when
outlining headings and topics.

I've checked in the Outlining view that I've only included exactly what I
need up to level 4 and anything else (including blank lines etc) are set as
body text.

If I insert the TOC and include to level 3 everything is fine, the table
displays just fine. If I then remove the table and insert a new one
specifying that I wish to include down to level 4 the TOC inserts ALL body
text in the document into the table.

Like I said, I've switched to outlining view and gone through the entire doc
to make sure I've got it neat. I've filtered by level 4 and it shows exactly
what I'm after in the TOC, expect when I actually add a TOC to level 4 it
completely ignores my input and stuffs all the text classed as "body text"
into it.

Kinda frustrating me as there seems to be nothing wrong with my outlining.

Anyone?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

The style that you are noticing may not have an Outline Level assigned but it
probably has a TOC level assigned. Check within the Table of Contents Options
dialog for the style you don't want in the TOC and remove the "4" from the
box.
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Dimebag" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dimebag Dimebag is offline

Hey thanks for the reply, it seems to have sorted the issue.
For some reason there was a 4 under "Level 1" underneath the section where
all the headings were listed.

I still don't see why this included all body text as TOC level 4 but there
we go.
Cheers again.

Paul