Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee B. Renee B. is offline

Default Typing Vertically in Margins

Hi,

I want to create a template for my bank packages where my contact info and
the loan info appears vertically on the right side of all pages. I've tried
creating a test box and typing vertically but am having trouble getting it to
stick. For instance, if I erase something on the page or select all to
delete, that text box is also selected and deleted.

How do I make it so that the text box isn't effected by select all similar
to the way the header and footer act?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Anchor it in the Header rather than in the body of your document. (It
would then act like a watermark.)

On Sep 14, 11:22*am, Renee B.
wrote:
Hi,

I want to create a template for my bank packages where my contact info and
the loan info appears vertically on the right side of all pages. I've tried
creating a test box and typing vertically but am having trouble getting it to
stick. For instance, if I erase something on the page or select all to
delete, that text box is also selected and deleted.

How do I make it so that the text box isn't effected by select all similar
to the way the header and footer act?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee B. Renee B. is offline

Thank you. I'm using Word 2007 and don't see how to anchor it in the header
and body of the message. I toyed around with the text box and selected anchor
but haven't been able to figure out how to anchor it in the body.

wrote:
Hi,

I want to create a template for my bank packages where my contact info and
the loan info appears vertically on the right side of all pages. I've tried
creating a test box and typing vertically but am having trouble getting it to
stick. For instance, if I erase something on the page or select all to
delete, that text box is also selected and deleted.

How do I make it so that the text box isn't effected by select all similar
to the way the header and footer act?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My article at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm has
been updated for Word 2007 by reference to
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

http://word.mvps.org